The Employer Services Assurance Corporation (ESAC) is an independent nonprofit organization that is the official accrediting agency of the PEO industry. A board of directors that includes PEO industry attorneys, CPAs and independent directors representing more than 100 years of combined PEO industry regulatory experience manages ESAC. Earning accreditation demonstrates a PEO’s financial stability, ethical business conduct and adherence to operational standards and regulatory requirements.
ESAC’s mission is to build integrity and trust and provide assurance to the PEO industry, so the industry can reach its full potential in support of America’s small businesses. To accomplish this, ESAC will:
- Establish standards for ethical conduct, professional competency, and financial and operational reliability
- Provide a credible program of accreditation based on independent verification of standards compliance, so PEOs can voluntarily demonstrate they meet the industry’s gold standard of reliability
- Provide financial assurance and notification programs to assure clients, employees, insurers, and government authorities that accredited PEOs are meeting their contractual and fiduciary responsibilities
- Provide services to make PEO compliance with state and federal laws and regulations more efficient and reliable
- Educate the employer services industry, the public, and state and federal regulators about the importance of ESAC’s mission